29 June 2009

Sailor turns FOUR!









What a birthday we had!  My little monkey is four now, and we had quite the celebration for her.  I told her that she could pick any birthday she wanted (theme) and originally it was Hello Kitty. For months she talked about it.  Then the week before we got one of those "Birthday Celebration" magazines and she saw a Hawaiian themed party in there and she was sold. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do it, but it seemed to all come together.  We rented a big jump house and had little swimming pools. Everything was set up and looked so great.  The party started at 4:00 and by 4:40 the rain started to fall.  Seriously, of all days?  The whole week was beautiful weather and of course so was Saturday.  But Friday, her birthday, it's the one day that it rains. So my luck! So we all huddled in under the tent and were able to eat and sing Happy Birthday.  It was kinda cozy and fun.  The kids ate under the picnic tables and the adults stayed under the tent (thank-you Claudia).  It seemed to be clearing a little so I went in to make the pina coladas, and of course my mom comes in ten minutes later and says that it is raining hard and the wind is blowing.  So they started taking all the decorations down and moved the party in the garage to open presents. Oh well, it will be a party to remember.  I think the kids had a blast.  Luckily they didn't care about the rain.  P.S. I have a great source for cakes.  Sailors cake was so cute, yummy and cheap ($28)!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! It looks like they all had fun, love the theme :) .

Meridith said...

Happy Birthday Sailor! Paige had so much fun with you the last day we were in Utah. Thank you so much for everything you've done for my family and me Brittany. It's so fun seeing all the cute pictures.

Shannon & Summer said...

So much fun!!
I just found out Paige and Brynn are going to be in the same class next year - that is awesome!

Jackson Family said...

We really need to hang!!