26 August 2010

Sailor Leigh turns 5!









Sailors birthday (June 26th) was a fun filled day. We started out with presents like we always do. If you notice in the picture she is wearing her favorite Pj's with this headband that I bought from my friend Carlie for a buck. It is always worn as more of a sweatband across her forehead than ever on top of her head. Still to this day the headband has to be worn with the Pj's to bed. She also creates outfits that will go with the headband. I didn't realize that it would be such a hit. After presents we did the Provo City children's parade. We decorated their bikes and went with the crowd showing our true American pride. Then my cute grandma drove from SLC to give Sailor the dress she is wearing in the picture. Sailor loved her present from Grandma Great. Then we had a Wizard Of Oz camp out Pj party in my in-laws yard. Sailor picked the theme because she found the Birthday Express magazine and saw lollipops on the Wizard of Oz theme page. So she was adamant that she have a party with the big round lollipops. If you notice I spent hours making the rainbow cupcakes. I know, I know, I'm tooting my horn, but it took forever layering each color in the paper liners. I thought they were so cute:) Anyway, Sailor is such a great kid. She is always so happy and smiley. She is constantly kissing me all the time. Sometimes I have to remind her that I'm not her boyfriend but her mommy and the kisses should be really short. She is always singing and wanting to play dress-up. She is going to be starting kindergarten and is so excited. I can't wait to see who she becomes. I think something great!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

i am so impressed with your cupcake making skills! we are still so sad we missed her party :( i don't think i can show madi these pictures she'll be so mad at me!

Carlie said...

Wow, you know how to thow a party! I'm glad that cheap headband made someone so happy!
Ok, I thought we were the only ones that called our great grandma, grandma-great! I should have known it would be you that had that in common.

Shelene said...

You always do such a beautiful job on parties! You are an amazing woman!