20 December 2009

Santa Lucia Festival






On December 12, we took the kids to the annual Santa Lucia Festival. They have a program in swedish and then a dinner. Since Bryce and I both have swedish in our blood I have decided to carry on some of the traditions I have done with my grandmother. It is so fun to do some of these extra things around the holidays. It really was a magical moment in the program when the santa lucia girls followed by star boys came down the aisle singing the santa lucia song. The song is really pretty to hear and the lights were off in the auditorium with only the candles lit. I loved that part, the rest was a little boring because I do not understand swedish. Sailor came dressed in an outfit Bryce and I bought when we were in Sweden a few years ago. Sailor thought she was so beautiful in it. Take notice of the last picture of their version of Santa Claus. So ugly huh? I think he is called Tom Tom, maybe? And I think he is supposed to be dwarf size.

No comments: